Cleaning at a snail’s pace
It’s so hard to move around, and I lose my breath so easily. I’m sitting here typing this, having problems breathing. Argh. GET OUT OF MY LUNGS, CHILD.
The kids are going away with my parents for a week, starting on Friday (Aug 3), and Nick works most of the time they’re gone… so I guess I’m going to be cranking my stereo and getting some cleaning done!
- Crib is assembled
- Our room has been rearranged (again) to get everything to fit right. The original set up I was planning ended up with an outlet right up beside the crib. Which, normally wouldn’t be a problem if the outlets were at normal height, but they’re like a foot and a half off the floor, so right at baby level when laying in the crib. -_-
Still needs to be done:
- I’ve got a big pile of laundry to catch up on. I might just go to the laundromat to get it all done at once, since my dryer takes an hour and a half (usually more) per load. It takes FOREVER to catch up on anything. I’d rather spend 3 hours at the laundromat than an entire weekend in the basement.
- I’ve got a chest of stuff sitting in my room that I haven’t looked in yet. I can’t remember what is in there, but I think it is clothes. Going to have to sort that out, since I want to use it for summer clothes storage.
- I also have dishes piling up, and my dishwasher is crapping out on me & not washing the top shelf. Probably faster to do it by hand, anyway.
- The livingroom could use a vacuum & tidy
- The kitchen could use a tidy up, too
- The bathroom could use a scrubbing
- Our room still has a bit to go, lots of odds & ends that I can’t throw out, but don’t have a place to put them.
…I hope I actually have the energy to do this all. If I DO manage to finish it all, I suppose I could tidy the kids’ room a bit, since it’s a perpetual disaster in there. I WANT to have them in charge of their room so they can learn to clean up after themselves, but it’s frustrating. My mother always cleaned up after me (and still cleans up after my siblings - the ones that are almost 22 and 20 years old) and so the three of us have no cleaning habits, whatsoever.