I’m so bloody confused
My mind is torn between two sides.
One half is yelling:
- OMG THE BABY WILL BE HERE ANY DAY.
- GET ALL THE STUFF DONE.
- BUY DIAPERS. AND WIPES. AND PACIFIERS.
The other half is like:
- Baby? We’re having a baby? (Seriously. I cannot grasp the fact that there will be a baby here. I just feel like I’m going to be pregnant forever.)
- Meh. I don’t like any of these baby clothes, I just won’t buy any.
- 6 diaper shirts will be enough for the first week or two. Or something.
- $10 for (insert item here)? It’ll probably go on sale before the baby comes. It can wait.
- I can get a nursing bra after I have the baby.
- I can sort through all the kids’ old baby clothes later. They’re not going anywhere.
Argh! I never know which mood I’m going to be in, either. But more often than not, I’m in the bottom one. I was packing my hospital bag last night and realised that I only have like 7 diaper shirts, one hat, one pair of pants, and one pair of shorts, and a few (maybe 3?) sleepers. What the hell am I thinking the baby will be wearing? I know well enough that they leak and spit up and get icky like crazy, and yet I just cannot buy clothes. I go to the store, I walk through the aisles, and I come out with nothing. I have SOME baby stuff in the basement, but not a lot. I’ve given most of them away, or they were stained and ruined at some point in the last 4 years.
Somebody just knock some sense into me? What the heck can I do to make myself realise that there is in fact a baby in there and I’m not just horribly overweight?